Support Safe Motherhood in Tanzania
In Tanzania, every day 23 women die in childbirth.
Donate a Day for Africa and deliver the gift of safe motherhood.
This World Health Day, on April 7th, you can donate part or all of your day’s income, or fundraise in your office or online. Improve access to maternal and neonatal care by supporting CPAR’s Safe Motherhood Program.
Delivering Safe Motherhood
- Training for medical staff at 40 local health clinics.
- Training for 224 Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs) to increase their skills in maternal and newborn care.
- Increase deliveries in clinics and pre and post natal visits, the development of birth and nutrition plans.
- The distribution of 200 birth kits to ensure safe home births (birth mats, gloves, gauze, razor blades, string, soap/antiseptic solution) in cases where delivery at the health clinic is not an option.
- Bikes for community health workers and TBAs enabling health professionals and TBAs to deliver neonatal and maternal care to 43,000 households.